TRADITIONAL RECOVERY DRINK
Facts about recovery drinks:
What kind of protein should recovery drinks contain?
The only protein source should always be at least whey protein isolate and preferably hydrolyzed whey protein isolate.
Why is whey protein isolate recommended, and not for example whey protein concentrate or milk protein?
Use of whey protein concentrates in the recovery drinks should be avoided, due to their slower absorbtion and higher fat/lactose content.
Also the protein content of the whey protein concentrates are much lower compared to whey protein isolates.
Unsweetened whey protein concentrate powders contain normally 20-80 % of protein, when the best whey protein isolates contain over 90 % of protein (as is). Dry basis content might be even over 98 %.
Most of the recovery drinks in the market contain cheap whey protein concentrates or protein blends, because the production costs are much lower than in the whey protein isolate based drinks.
Many brands use often just whey protein -text in their product labels, without the concentrate- or isolate-additions, because they do not want the customers to know that they are using cheap raw materials. Many brands also use so called protein blends, in which they put tiny amounts of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate or whey protein isolate, just to confuse the end consumer. Most of these blends are made of over 90 % of cheap whey protein concentrates.
Milk protein concentrates and milk protein isolates, including caseins, are very slowly absorbed proteins, which should not be used in any recovery drinks. Stories about all kinds of time-release protein blends are just pure marketing, not fact.
What does the word isolate mean?
In its original form whey protein contains significant amounts of fat and lactose plus some ash and salt. Because of this fact much of these components are filtered and processed through ion-exchange isolation process to remove the lactose and most of the fat. The end result is a high-quality whey protein isolate called BiPRO®, which is used in Evolution Ion92 whey protein powders.
After this isolation process, the protein can still go through a hydrolyzation process, which provides the world's purest hydrolyzed whey protein isolate called BioZate®, which is used in all Evolution recovery drinks.
What does the word hydrolyzate mean?
Proteins are long chains of amino acids linked by peptide bonds. During hydrolysis these peptide bonds are broken. Depending upon the type of enzyme used and processing conditions, smaller chains of amino acids and different amino acid sequences are produced by the process. These hydrolyzed protein chains determine the nutritional and functional characteristics of hydrolyzed whey proteins.
All Evolution recovery drinks contain only the patented hydrolyzed BioZate® whey protein isolate. BioZate® is a line of hydrolyzed whey proteins containing smaller peptides for ease of digestion and absorption. Hydrolyzed whey protein is whey protein that has been broken down into smaller pieces, similar to our body's digestive system, to produce peptides. These whey peptides have unique functional and nutritional bioactive properties.
Facts about Evolution Phase3 recovery drink:
Evolution Phase3 is a recovery drink that is consumed immediately or 30 minutes after the workout (Phase Stack System).
Evolution Phase3 contains a very strong mixture of the patented hydrolyzed BioZate® whey protein isolate, maltodextrin, l-glutamine and patented Creapure® creatine monohydrate.
This product is designed to improve recovery and increase the insulin hormone production, just when it has begun to fall after the use of Evolution Phase2 (Phase Stack System).
Evolution Phase3 is by far the most effective traditional recovery drink available on the market.
- The only protein raw material used in this product is patented hydrolyzed BioZate® whey protein isolate
- Contains maltodextrin with low DE -number as a only carbohydrate source
- Contains the purest form of l-glutamine powder
- Contains the purest form of patented creatine monohydrate powder (Creapure®)
- Very high protein content and optimal amino acid structure
- Optimal quantity of amino acids added for triggering the anabolic process
- A good-tasting protein drink despite the strong hydrolyzed whey protein, creatine and amino acid composition
- Excellent solubility, quickly absorbed and increases amino acid levels immediately
- Designed to quickly restore the liquid balance
- Contains plenty of bioactive peptides
- Virtually fat-free and cholesterol-free powder
- Hydrolysation degree of the whey protein is 10 % (minimum 7,5 %)
- All raw materials are non-chinese
- Lactose free
- Soy free
- Flavoured with natural flavours
- Sweetened with steviol glycosides (made from stevia leaf)
Nutrition facts per 100 g (strawberry):
- 1439 kJ / 344 kcal of energy
- 39 g carbohydrate
- 45 g protein
- 0,3 g fat
- 6,25 g creatine monohydrate
- 6,25 g l-glutamine
One 80 g serving contains (strawberry):
- 34,5 g patented hydrolyzed BioZate® whey protein isolate
- 32,5 g maltodextrin
- 5 g patented Creapure® creatine monohydrate
- 5 g of L-glutamine (added l-glutamine).
- Chocolate (400 g, 5 servings)
- Strawberry (400 g, 5 servings)
- Raspberry (400 g, 5 servings)